The patented external coating system E.R.S. by S.A.M.E., unlike the traditional systems, is based on the use of reflective insulations and of a wide range of shockproof finishes. Furthermore, it can be installed both on vertical (walls) and on horizontal surfaces (flat roofs).
The installation consists in applying continuous parallel series of especially shaped stanchions, inserting in the stanchions up to three layers of reflective insulation. The number of layers to be inserted varies depending on the limits established in the different climate zones.
In order to evaluate the thermal performance of the External Reflective System, the following researches were carried out in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Perugia (Spin-off TISS) :
- ENERGY REQUALIFICATION OF OLD COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS (see page 24)
- CERTIFIED THERMAL RESISTANCE FOR ISOLIVING DOUBLE LAYER
- CERTIFIED THERMAL RESISTANCE FOR ISOLIVING TRIPLE LAYER
- MAINTENANCE: The traditional coatings are subject to frequent damages because of weather events (hail,wind), acts of vandalism, accidental shocks. They consequently require frequent maintenance which is not necessary when using a reflective coating, because its rigid covering protects it from the possible damages above described. Thanks to such characteristic the system by SA.M.E. features a significantly longer product life, with a consequent large recovery of the initial
- WIDE CHOICE OF FINISHING: the structure of the stanchions allows the installation of several different exterior finishing (such as magnesium oxide, cement slabs, reconstructed stone panels, wood, aluminium, grès, etc.)
- HIGH MECHANICAL RESISTANCE: the external rigid coating assure the strength of the system.
- EASY TO INSTALL: the dry installation system makes the installation easier with the further advantage of being able to operate even in unfavourable climate conditions.
- NO CONDENSATION: the air cavities enable the drainage of condensation.
- INSULATION INSTALLED IN CONTINUOUS UNITS:
the product can be installed without junctions.
- LONG PRODUCT LIFE: every component of the system is conceived to assure performance stability over the long term; when it is necessary to inspect the underlying structures it will
be possible to remove the single panels easily.
- MADE FROM RECYCLED MATERIALS: the stanchions and the insulation are mostly made from recycled materials
- NO PLASTER DEMOLITION: the product does not require the demolition of the deteriorated plaster for its installation, thus reducing the consequent costs for disposal and reconstruction. In order to install a traditional coating on a “powdery” support it is necessary to hydroclean the surface thus allowing the glues to properly adhere. When using the external reflective coating by SA.M.E. the conditions of the surface are irrelevant.