Prefabricated polymer membrane
Imperband is a waterproof sheet, specially designed for indoor waterproofing of ceramic wall and floor coverings. It is a 0,5mm thick polymer membrane with a double thermoplastic polyolefin sheet and covered on both sides by non woven polyester fibers that allow it to be bonded to surfaces using cement-based adhesives. Ideal for use in new construction and refurbishment of showers and baths, and any indoor environment permanently affected by damp.
• Double thermoplastic polyolefin membrane covered on both sides by non woven
• Maximum waterproofing with minimal thickness (0.5 mm).
• Direct installation of the tile on the sheet.
• Good chemical resistance.
• Quick and easy application.
• Private bathrooms. Built in showers.
• Public toilets and showers.
• Spas and premises in permanently damp environments.
• Balconies and terraces smaller than 10 mq.
• Do not use in outdoors surfaces greater than 10 mq.
• imperbandsheet is compatible with type C2 cement-based adhesive as per EN 12004.
• In case of surfaces bigger than the length of the sheet, overlap two 10 cm sheets and bond with C2 adhesive.
• In waterproofing of floors, leave an excess of sheet of at least 10 cm in all the spots where floor meets the wall.
• Be extremely cautious when connecting the sheet to the drainage systems.
• Once the imperbandsheet has been installed, cover with the chosen floor covering. Never leave exposed to direct sunlight.
• Absorbent and non-absorbent ceramic tiles. Porcelain tiles with a water absorption < 0.5% as per EN-ISO 10545-3.
• Glass mosaic.
• Natural stone and marble not prone to staining.
Avis technique: CSTB 13/08-1035
• Cement covered floors and walls .
• Concrete slabs.
• On anhydrite or plaster substrates apply uniprim.