SOFTCRETE | Day bed
Functional pop is the collection of products with the same Gufram ironic and irreverent spirit but has a stronger functional attitude. Functional pop items can be tailored by choice or on request in more colors and finishes according to different style needs. Their versatility and lightness allows you to have them coexist together in different locations with specific needs: from the interior decoration of a house to those of a hotel, to external spaces, without renouncing to Gufram's original touch.
Ross Lovegrove pay homage to the concrete of brutalist architectures and transforms it into a soft and welcoming material. Softcrete is a modular couch made up of 3 different modules made of polyurethane foam and covered in Guflac, the special paint that makes polyurethane foam resistant while maintaining its softness, as well as reproducing unique autistic effects like that of concrete.
Modular couch of soft polyurethane, finished by hand with Guflac Ultra.
Suitable also for outdoor use.
DID YOU KNOW
1. Even if it is perfectly similar to concrete, it is soft and comfortable.
2. Realized of polyurethane, it overrules the typically cold cement effect.
3. It is a homage to Brutalist architecture and to the projects by Tadao Ando.
4. Its name is its essence: Soft means – well, soft – Crete is for Concrete (cement).
5. Its modules are soft and easily combinable, so that they can create different compositions.
6. The Guflac finish protects it from the weather, and so it is perfect also outdoors.
7. The project stems from a drawing by Ross Lovegrove for the restaurant Marimoto in New York.