The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.
The collaboration with Valerio Berrutti, an Italian artist with a distinctive trait, has given life to two couches which have been produced in 250 numbered pieces and have evocative names: Summertime e Autumntime. Both couches are made with soft polyurethane entirely covered by hand with in Gulfac, the particular paint patented by Gufram that makes it possible to make polyurethane look like leather while maintaining its flexibility and softness. The drawings on polyurethane realized by the artist with water paint and wax crayons recall the typical benches that decorated the Italian seafronts in the post-war period and are different one from another in some small details that make of each piece a unique masterpiece.
Couch in soft polyurethane, finished and decorated by hand with Guflac Plus.
Designed for use indoors, it is suitable also for the ourdoor.
DID YOU KNOW
1. Decorated by artist Valerio Berrutti with his distinctive trait, they are veritable masterpieces.
2. Berrutti's works are on display in some of the most important museums and celebrated in artistic international events like the Biennale in Venice.
3. Each piece is unique because the decoration of each couch is made by hand with wax crayons.
4. The decorations reproduce the benches on post-war Italian seafronts.
5. The delicacy of Berrutti's trait emphasizes the contrast between the softness of polyurethane and the stiffness of iron benches that the decoration recalls.
6. The coil of the seat is larger and provides for a position of total relaxation, like on a chaise longue.
7. Just like the benches on the seafront, they have been designed also for outdoor use, thanks to the particular Guflac finish that protects them.