The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.
Globe, Studio Job's visionary and dreamlike project, was the first container cabinet to be included in the collection Multipli by Gufram. The globe of soft polyurethane that rotates upon itself at the centre of the cabinet represents travel, while the lacquered wood container exalts the globe's polychromy. A protagonist on the covers of magazines around the world, it was chosen as one of the best 2014 products by AD Germany.
Lacquered wood cabinet. Rotating globe of soft polyurethane, finished and decorated by hand with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. Globe is Gufram's first cabinet container.
2. It's the only container in the world with a hole in its centre.
3. Globe's soul is a stylized world made of soft polyurethane and entirely hand painted with a Guflac finish.
4. As a veritable globe of times past, the world safeguarded inside Globe rotates upon itself.
5. In 2014 it was chosen by AD Germany as one of the best products of the year.
6. It was on the cover of some of the most important international magazines like Elle Decor and AD.