TP | Flooring joint
PVC Flooring joint
The “TP” type EXPANSION JOINT is composed with an aluminium supporting profile, equipped with holes on the anchoring fins, with a PVC elastic gasket, resistant to weathering, wear, acids and oils.
The elastic gasket is interchangeable even with the profile already instaled; it is available in a maximum length of 40 ml.
The profile must be fixed to the supporting base on both sides every 25 cm.
Installation of the PVC gasket can be facilitated by lubricating it with soapy water.
For proper profile installation one must follow these steps:
1. Make an anti-shrinkage mortar sub-base for the construction of the laying surface.
2. Fix the profile on both sides, at least every 25 cm.
3. Clean the openings that will house the gasket, removing dust or any dirt.
4. Assemble the PVC gasket starting from one end. To facilitate installation, one can lubricate it with soapy water. It is recommended to apply the gasket one side at
a time, using a roller.
5. It is not recommend to use hammers as they may damage the profile.