MI04 | Cantilever chair
Sled base steel chair
Side with tubular steel frame polished chrome. Seat and back in hand woven natural cane. Available also in pith.
Exhibited for the first time with a leather back and seat at the Weißenhof in 1927, it was produced until 1930 by Berliner Metallgewerbe Joseph Müller, and from 1931 by Bamberg Metalwerkstätten, to which all the designs by Mies and Lily Reich were transferred. Within the same year, however, Mies stipulated a contract with Thonet Mundus of Zurich, which guaranteed the worldwide distribution of the products.