FF2® - FF2 plus® - FF3®
Aluminium Continuous metal laminate for facade
Building facades play an integral role not only in the visual impression they make, but in their lifespan and sustainability. Novelis sets the standard for pre-painted and anodized aluminum products that deliver not only on aesthetics and design qualities, but also on safety and durability.
Novelis aluminum construction materials enable architects and builders to create striking and memorable structures that last for decades. Novelis aluminum products for building facades are:
- Attractive, with a brilliant surface and a wide array of available colors and shapes
- Resistant against corrosion thanks to high-quality alloys and innovative coating systems
- Durable, with a long service life and high resistance to the elements, including marine environments and extreme temperatures
- Efficient, with strong protection properties and 100 percent recyclable
FF2® and FF2 plus® are pre-painted aluminum sheeting products developed specifically for building facade cladding in ventilated and non-ventilated construction. Coil-coated with high-quality PVdF paint, they serve for flat sheet, panel and cassette construction and provide a number of benefits, including:
- A flawless, brilliant surface due to the superior coating, with a variety of plain, metallic and special colors available
- The ability to handle permanent high loads
- Ultra-flat and stress-free sheets
- Superior weather resistance,approved for use in extreme climates- Good workability, enabling it to be bonded, screwed, riveted, stud welded, bent and drilled without damaging the coating
FF3® prepainted aluminium from Novelis is a 3mm thick material developed specifically for cladding facades that offers architects and builders a wide range of sophisticated design possibilities. FF3’s optimal combination of material thickness and alloy (AlMg3) allows very wide spans to be achieved, leading to reduced cost in the substructure required.
- FF3 was developed specifically for façade application, and is exceptionally flat.
- Invisible fastening using stud weld techniques make sophisticated façade design possible.
- Seawater and corrosion resistant alloy
- The Surface is dirt-repellent
Thanks to the high mechanical strength of FF3, considerably wider spans compared with other alloys of the same material thickness are possible. This results in significant cost benefits when installing. These savings, for example in substructure costs, make FF3 the ideal material not only from a design point of view, but also from a cost perspective.