Hot water boiler
High pressure packaged hot water boiler, three-pass fire tube, horizontal design. TERNOX 2S is a family of packaged smoke tube hot water boilers, genuine three-pass, and wet back. Standard safety pressure up to 6 bar (higher pressure available on request) and output from 2200 to 15000 kW. It can be operated with liquid or gaseous fuels. Designed and manufactured according to EN 303-1. CE certification.
By means of the three-pass design the smoke gases in the combustion chamber are diverted to the front through the first set of fire tubes by the reversing chamber; then reversed again by the frontal smoke box to the second smoke tube sections and discharged through the chimney connection. The appliance is designed to ensure low heating loads in the combustion chamber, low superficial loads and low NOx emissions (with Low NOx burners).
• Boiler body: is made of a cylindrical shell and a wet back furnace, welded to tube plates, made of high quality steel. All the materials have certificates attesting their chemical and mechanical characteristics, the controls are carried out during each production stage, and, theirs suitability for use as well. The welding seams are carried out by qualified personnel in compliance to certified procedures. Once the boilers have been manufactured they are subjected to hydraulic testing.
• Smoke tubes: made of high quality steel, are welded to tube plates, and are without helical turbulators.
• Reversing chamber: is built in welded steel plate, completely water-cooled, and connected to the rear smoke-box.
• Front door: is built in welded steel plate, completely cladded internally with a layer of insulation material and with a layer of high density refractory material. One or two doors are present according the boiler’s capacity, for cleaning and inspection. Close to the burner hole is present a self-cleaning sight glass for combustion control during boiler operation.
• Rear smoke-box: is built in welded steel plate, completely cladded internally with a layer of insulation material and with a layer of high density refractory material. Door for cleaning and inspection is present as well. Complete with an horizontal chimney connection with a diameter sized to the boiler’s output. The rear smoke-box can be accessorized with and external economizer or condenser.
• The base: is built with a steel frame, welded to the tube plates.
• Walkway: positioned on the top part of the boiler, is made of steel