Swivel upholstered armchair with headrest
Die Cast Aluminium
The chairs in the Aluminium Group are the best known design by Charles and Ray Eames. The chairs were created in 1958 and are now a classic in the history of 20th century design.
One essential feature of the Aluminium Chair is the intelligent way materials are combined. The shape of the Aluminium Chair is clear and transparent, its construction easy to see. The aluminium profiles lend the chair stability and lightness at the same time. It adapts to the body snugly and delivers great comfort, even without extensive upholstery. The cover is a misnomer, as it is actually part of the construction.
Chairs in leather come with a back cover in Plano.
- Mechanism: backwards tilt mechanism can be regulated
- Backrest and seat: swivel chair with high backrest; upholstery units in Hopsak and leather, high-frequency welded; side profiles and clamping bracket in polished or chromed die-cast aluminium
- Armrests: in die-cast aluminium
- Base: die-cast aluminium four-star base
- Optional: backrest cover available in leather for an additional charge