ALCOVE LOVE SEAT
Upholstered 2 seater sofa
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. The idea of mobile micro-architectural elements has led to a wide variety of designs, among which the Alcove Sofa stands out as one of the most remarkable.
The various Alcove sofas were conceived for open-plan offices, where they provide sheltered, private spaces in busy or hectic surroundings. This makes them a perfect place to withdraw for concentrated work or small meetings.
The different models in the Alcove family can be variably combined, thus offering a diverse range of possibilities for organising open-plan offices without having to install fixed structures. This enables the creation of cohesive central areas in open office environments – Meet & Retreat zones with a unifi ed aesthetic.
Lounge upholstery has a frame with elastic webbing to provide relaxed sitting. The seat cushions consist of polyurethane foam and polyester fibre; the back cushions are filled with polyurethane chips and microfibre.
Work upholstery has firmly padded seat and back elements that jointly form a comfortable seat for table-oriented postures and working tasks. The seat cushion rests on a metal frame with an integrated MDF panel; like the backrest, it consists of polyurethane foam and polyester fibre.
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth); metal frame with upholstery webbing (lounge upholstery) or MDF base board (work upholstery).
- Body: back and side panels with integrated MDF boards for structural support, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Upholstery/seat: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Alcove sofas come in two different upholstery versions: soft 'lounge upholstery' for relaxed sitting and firmer 'work upholstery' for work-oriented sitting with various seat heights. Lounge upholstery = 485 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 325 mm), work upholstery = 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Covers: removable.
- Back cushions and cushion set: polyurethane chips and microfibre filling.
The cushion set is sold separately.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Alcove Love Seat: incl. 1 back cushion.
- Cushion set for Love Seat: 2 armrest cushions and 1 small back cushion.
- Alcove two- and three-seater: incl. 2 back cushions.
- Cushion set for two- and three-seaters: 2 armrest cushions and 2 small back cushions.