TRIPOLINA BUTTERFLY CHAIR ORIGINAL
Folding cowhide garden chair
With its sculptural design, light weight and exceptional seating comfort the Tripolina is considered the precursor of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair. For the first time presented to the public in 1904 at an exhibition in Saint Louis, the chair became quickly popular. So was the Tripolina well received among the military because of its flexible handling, and also artists appreciated the then unprecedented comfort. The industrialist Joseph Fenby had construction and design of the Tripolina already patented in 1877. However, the true inventor of the chair is still considered unknown.
WEINBAUM has refined the original design of the Tripolina Chair and uses for its production only premium materials. The Holstein cattle that is held at selected estancias throughout the provinces of Córdoba and Santa Fe feed during their two-year life exclusively on grass; meat and bone meal was outlawed decades ago. Untreated, all year round usable pastures and exceptional freedom (two cattle share a hectare of land) provide more than 3,000 calves, cows and bulls at our partner companies with excellent conditions. The result: Extraordinary hides whose shine and silky touch will inspire you every day anew.
The frame of our Tripolina Chairs is manufactured from wood of the Patagonian Cherry; it is foldable and weather resistant. To emphasize the exceptional seating comfort of the chair, we reinforce the cover with vegetable tanned leather from cattle bare neck of the above-mentioned breed Holstein.