15/10/2019 - From the 10 to 17 October 2019, BERLIN DESIGN WEEK
will once again turn the city into a platform for innovative design. The title of this year’s event is INFLUENCED 100
Once a year, BNDNWK invites designers, cultural institutions, galleries, studios and companies from Germany and around the world to present new approaches and the ways they are influencing contemporary design in a variety of formats ranging from exhibitions, showrooms, talks and guided tours all the way to workshops, screenings and conferences, all of which take place over seven days at different locations across Berlin.
BNDNWK, BERLIN DESIGN WEEK
In 2019, BNDNWK and its title, INFLUENCED 100, are centered around the 100-year anniversary of Bauhaus. A key question will be the importance of Bauhaus’ understanding of design as a driving force of societal change and how much of this remains relevant today.
BNDNWK was launched in 2018 as a platform to encourage dialogue and establish a network between the worlds of design, research, education, business and industry. At the heart of BNDNWK are issues of ecological and societal sustainability and how these issues can be examined and tackled by a creative culture geared towards innovation. Sources of inspiration can be discovered in various forms of expression and design fields that participate in BNDNWK – digitization, sustainability, urban spaces, mobility and artificial intelligence.
Partners and locations in 2019 include:
– the state of DESIGN festival at Kulturforum presents with the exhibition #RESOULUTION! innovative works and fields of experimentation by young designers today, whose works reflect the same ethos as it was practiced and lived during the Bauhaus era
– the Museum of Decorative Arts with the German Design Graduates Show initiated by Ineke Hans, H.A. Weizenegger and Mark Braun
– the University of the Arts is presenting Graduate Projects of Product Design
– the University of Applied Sciences will show interactive works and experiments of students of communication design
– stilwerk, which will host the exhibition 'Bauhaus in 100 Objects', curated by minimum
– DESIGN POOL at BIKINI Berlin, will host temporary showrooms of various designers and brands
– during the OPEN STUDIO NIGHT on the evening of 17 October studios across Berlin will open their doors to present their work and production processes
BERLIN DESIGN WEEK was founded by the association Feld e.V., which is dedicated to the advancement of art and culture. With the format of BNDNWK, Feld e.V. is not only filling a gap in Berlin’s design calendar, but at the same time transforming the city into a living, breathing design lab.
BNDNWK, DESIGN POOL
BNDNWK, UdK exhibition
BNDNWK, HTW exhibition
BNDNWK, stilwerk, exhibition 'Das Bauhaus in 100 Objekten'
BNDNWK, DESIGN POOL, Maison Maria Odelga
BNDNWK, DESIGN POOL, TOOLS TOGETHER
BNDNWK, DESIGN POOL, Neuwerth & Boldig