Thirty years of experience in Office Furniture
Ultom was founded in 1982 thanks to the Tombolan family's will to give to the office-furniture its great experience coming from a long working time in the home furniture world. The Italian tradition of masterly carpentry and the secrets of workmanship have been passed on from father to son since the beginning of the century reaching nowadays its third generation: from the little craftsman's workshop to a productive space of 15.000 square metres. The willpower to understand and to develop at one's best the Office Furniture world has brought Ultom to work together with architects and designers to create a range of products, one of the most complete in the furniture market, with special attention to the functional and aesthetical aspects.
All the main work is done inside the company, with traditional machinery for the working wood assisted by the most modern and sophisticated computerized equipment. Expert craftsmen carefully select all the raw materials with particular attention to their quality and origin, awareness of the environmental problems, and always in accordance with the European regulations regarding quality and safety for the place of work.
For material other than wood, Ultom uses qualified external workshop, which are managed directly by the company technicians.
Ultom has achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications from SGS, company of undisputed international prestige, for the following scope: Design and manufacture of office furniture.
With ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications, Ultom wanted to valorise its long experience in the sector and exalt the attention always dedicated to the satisfaction of its customers and to the environment.
The certification means that Ultom applies the requirements of standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to all its activities, from the first sketches to the delivery of furniture:
- the planning is strictly structured, aiming at the design’s exclusivity without forgetting the ergonomic, the functionality, the environmental aspects and the psychological impact of products in the office environment;
- the management of contracts and orders is led with clearness and constant attention to Client’s needs, studying possible customized products;
- the production is carefully planned and rigorous checks are done at every step, from the raw material selection’s to the packaging of furniture;
- the suppliers are strictly chosen and rigorous checks are done at every supplying;
- all the environmental problems are managed aiming not only the legislative compliance, but also the continuous improvement of performances.
All of this is documented and regularly verified by SGS inspectors specialized in the furniture sector.