Water-repellent indoor/outdoor quarry floor tiles
Kwikdry is treated with a biodegradable water-repellent solution, through a cycle of immersion, using innovative techniques and machines.
This treatment was implemented by Cotto Furnò with the aim to satisfy their customers while respecting the environment.
The treatment is invisible and permanent, it does not create a film surface and it allows the natural transpiration of the flooring.
The solution used for the treatment is odourless, colourless, totally non-toxic being a water-based, solvent-free solution.
The main advantage of kwikdry consists in a deep and permanent protection against efflorescence. It dramatically
reduces the level of absorbency of the surface avoiding the rising damp and protecting the tiles during the laying and sealing phases.
The main economic and technical advantages of this treatment are:
• considerable time saving during laying and treating operations;
• easing of the sealing of joints process and of the subsequent surface cleaning;
• absence of efflorescence on the surface of the tiles;
• high water proofing and resistance to dampness coming from below;
• resistance to alkaline solutions and deterioration.
Product sold in linear meters.