Hand-blown restoration glass
Handmade mouth blown cylinder glass has been made in the Verrerie de Saint-Just since the 19th century with our COLONIAL glass now being the result of generations of expertise.
This fabulous glass shimmers and sparkles due to its uneven surface, with bubbles and inclusions catching and refracting natural light by day and artificial light by night.
COLONIAL glass can be used with new and existing joinery work within traditional and historic buildings, private houses, hotels and high end apartments.
It retains the authenticity of period glass, and is ideally suited to the restoration, or recreation, of pre 1920 fenestration.
• Aesthetics of facades and old buildings preserved.
• Unique appearance thanks to the presence of bubbles, lines and vibrations in the glass.
• Perfect light transmission due to very high levels of transparency.
• Stately Homes, Hotels and Castles: Château de Versailles, Mont Saint Michel, Het Loo Royal Palace (Netherlands)…
• Traditionally built houses, boutique hotels, Georgian Townhouses (UK, USA, Sweden, Belgium)…