Polyurethane coat stand
The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.
Cactus is the icon of Italian design that has revolutionized the domestic landscape. Made of flexible polyurethane this hall tree with four cantilever arms is as tall as a person and looks like an ironic totem.
It was created in 1972 and since then it is made and painted by hand. Over the years Cactus has been produced in several colours for as many limited and numbered editions on exhibit in the most important museums in the world.
Coat stand tree of soft polyurethane finished by hand with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It's original function is that of a hall tree (it should be assumed, by not everybody knows about it...).
2. It's soft!
3. It's a universal Radical Design and Made in Italy Icon.
4. It is still realized using the original 1972 mould.
5. Each piece is unique because it is finished completely by hand.
6. On its surface there are 2165 bosses (one boss more, one boss less...).
7. From 4 to 5 weeks of work are necessary to have a finished Cactus.
8. The 2010 white limited edition was sold out in 6 months.
9. The 2014 Bleu Cactus limited edition, a homage to France, was sold out in 3 days.
10. It is a part of permanent collections in important international museums such as MUDE in Lisbon, ADAM in Brussels and Fondation Beyeler in Basel.
11. It is a part of the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Design Museum in New York.
The Cactus designed in 1972 by Guido Drocco and Franco Mello, an icon of the Italian radical design of the Seventies, acquires two new colors, Another Green and Another White.
Another Green is a tribute to the original edition, but the green one is characterized by a different, lighter and brighter, alive and contemporary tone; Another White, on the other hand, acquires a warm, soft, natural allure, with a shade of white that approaches ivory, the tone of canvases.