The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.
It is a gigantic construction toy of soft polyurethane, designed at the beginning of Seventies, that because of its educational content was used by some of the best Italian schools. In the Eighties Gufram decided to make it into a true interior design item, perfect to enrich the catalogue of a brand already involved in the production of pop and radical objects. Baby-lonia is to all intents and purposes a domestic sculpture that can be broken up into chairs and tables, but that still remains a toy … for kids as well as adults.
Construction toy of soft polyurethane, finished by hand with Guflac.
DID YOU KNOW
1. It recreates out of scale the classical wooden toys, but it is made of soft polyurethane.
2. The softness of the polyurethane makes it possible to easily and freely move them through space.
3. Created with the advice of Prof. De Bartolomeis, a well-known pedagogue of the XX century.
4. It was used as an educational instrument in some of the best Italian schools during the Seventies.
5. From playful object for kids it became a cult ornamental element for adults.
6. Baby-lonia is a domestic sculpture to break down and reassemble at will.
7. It is part of the permanent collection of the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.