BOCCA® UNLIMITED By Gufram
On the occasion of its 50th anniversary, Bocca® revolutionizes its image: 25 new colours dye Gufram’s iconic lips, which for the occasion are dressed up in an unprecedented, more material and structured fabric. It’s a new look that changes the known perspective of the object of design that more than others represents the perfect abstraction of feminine beauty. It looks to new horizons and new usage possibilities: it’s got a strong and at the same time versatile personality, which is ideal for both the residential and contract living.
The new cloth in bouclé wool absorbs light in a whole new way and reinforces Bocca®’s ability to restore its sculptural presence to the rooms. Refined and resistant at the same time, the new texture gives a signature matte to the sexiest lips in the history of furniture, interpreting the atmosphere of interior design with the most appropriate make-up. A change of dress that does not take away flexibility from its heart in polyurethane foam and its soft and welcoming aesthetics, while it continues to guard the secret of its natural beauty in its two slightly different corners, just as happens to human lips.
This sensual couch, ideal for a tête-à-tête, has now become part of the collective imagination on a par with the works of Andy Warhol as well as other masterpieces of pop art. After being exhibited in the most important museums in the world - including the Museum of Applied Art and Sciences in Sydney, the Design Museum in Munich and the MAK in Vienna - today 25 new identities are created, capable of animating countless new lives. It’s a domestic sculpture that can inhabit the private space as well as the public one with the same ease, as it responds to the specific requests of the contract through its renewed versatility.
The new woollen fabric, elegant and resistant, joins its chromatic richness to give life to alchemy able to infinitely multiply the stories told by Bocca® and continue to explore, in a kaleidoscope of colours and words, the possibilities of contemporary living.
Bocca, the original 1970 lips-shaped couch is only Gufram's. This sensual couch, which is ideal for a tête-à-tête, has entered the collective imagination on par with Andy Warhol's works, as well as other pop art masterpieces and represents the perfect abstraction of feminine beauty. Soft and welcoming thanks to its look and the soft polyurethane it is made of, Bocca was on exhibit in the most important museums in the world, such as the Louvre, the Museum of Applied Art and Science in Sydney, and the Design Museum in Monaco.
Couch in soft polyurethane covered with cloth.
*Dark Lady has a removable piercing of chromed metal
DID YOU KNOW
1. In the United States it is known as the Marylyn sofa as a homage to the legendary Hollywood diva.
2. The secret of its natural beauty lies in the fact that its two corners are slightly different, exactly as human lips would be.
3. Its particular red colour is Gufram's exclusive.
4. Sharon Stone auctioned a limited edition piece for the benefit of AmFar for 35000 Euros.
5. It was the protagonist at Beyoncé, Kylie Minogue and Katy Perry's world concert tours.
6. It was portrayed with some of the icons of the XX century: Elsa Schiapparelli, Marisa Berenson, Lisa Fonssagrives, Claudia Cardinale, Heidi Klum, Alicia Silverstone, Anne Hathaway, Carmen Electra, etc...
7. Just like a model, it was the protagonist at shootings by some of the best photographers: Richard Avedon, David Lachapelle, Rankin, etc...
8. It was published for the first time ever in the prestigious weekly magazine LIFE.
9. It was the subject of more than a thousand editorials in the best Fashion magazines like Vogue, Harper’s Baazar, Elle and Vanity Fair.
10. It was reinterpreted in 2005 by artist Bertrand Lavier and displayed at the Louvre in Paris.
11. One piece of the couch Bocca welcomes the guests at London's Sanderson Hotel, designed by Philippe Stark.
12. It has been displayed in several international exhibits and fairs, among which the Museum of Applied Art and Science in Sydney, the Design Museum in Munich, the Musée des Art Decoratifs in Paris, as well as countless institutions all over the world.
The Iconical Collection presents those pieces that interpret and keep alive and throbbing the desecrating spirit of radical design. It's masterpieces of Italian design that have already gotten into the collective imagination, as well as new domestic sculptures that - language and identity-wise - show elective affinity with those products that are displayed in the most important museums in the world. These pieces of interior design - realised exclusively by hand - represent the magical encounter between art and design that is part of Gufram's DNA.