Kalzip Double Skin Systems
Metal sheet and panel for roof
Kalzip cladded systems were developed to satisfy the increasing demand for open joint systems on complex roof geometry. The architecture of the roof is becoming increasingly important, requiring more sophisticated cladding solutions to be developed. The Kalzip Cladded System allows the architect complete freedom to use any panel or louvre system on the roof without the need to penetrate the waterproof layer of the roof system. The Kalzip system can be designed and installed in the normal manner. An additional cladding system can be installed on top of the Kalzip system by using unique Kalzip seam clips and an extruded Aluminium framework to mount the panels on top of the Kalzip without having to make a single penetration through the roof. The Aluminium framework is designed to allow final adjustments of the support structure to guarantee the perfect alignment of the external clad panels.
The joints between the external panels are normally left open with a gap of 10 to 15mm between the panels. The rainwater will drain between these gaps onto the Kalzip system, and then to the gutter and rainwater disposal system. The system does not require any silicone joints between the panels which eliminates the requirement of maintenance and avoids any streaking or dirt accumulation between the panels.
• Attachment of the external panel with no penetrations through the waterproof layer
• Open joints between the panels eliminating maintenance and reducing cleaning requirements
• Adjustable system allowing perfect alignment of the external panels
• Minimal maintenance other than cleaning of the external panels
• Improved acoustics due to the air gap between the external panels and the Kalzip
• Complete flexibility to use any external panel
• Able to meet any acoustic or thermal performance requirement