KRION™ is a state-of-the-art solid surface. The perfect choice for creating stylish settings.
Whatever the setting, KRION™ can be used to create the perfect design solution. And it can be adapted to fit in with clients functional, dimensional and aesthetic requirements.
- Antibacteria: KRION™ does not allow bacteria or fungi to grow or spread. This is an intrinsic property of the composition of the material, without the need for additives to achieve this permanent effect.
- Ultra-white: Technically KRION™ achieves a Whiteness of 99,8%, if we combine this with its high Light Reflective Value, we find a pure and luminous material, something unique in Solid Surface materials.
- Highly resistant to fire: KRION™ product range is considered to be practically fireproof as it does not allow fire to spread. It is classified as Euroclass B-s1-do according to the UNE-EN 13501 standard and as B1 (with no restrictions) according to DIN 4102.
- Ecological: KRION® is an ecological material, as it is 100% recyclable. Any product made of KRION® can be reprocessed and used again in its production process.
- Resistant to extreme environments: KRION™ surfaces are capable of withstanding extreme environments, such as marine environments, exposure to steam, immersion in water or freezing conditions, amongst others.
- A high mineral content: This material is made of two-thirds natural minerals and a low percentage of high-resistance resins.
- Easy to clean: Any normal stain, superficial burn, graffiti or marker pen stain can be removed, immediately returning the surface to its original appearance simply by following the recommended cleaning instructions.
- A lightweight material: Because KRION® has a lower density than other solid surfaces, like high-performance porcelain, artificial quartz or natural marble, it is easier to handle, for instance in the creation of countertops and more lightweight furniture, without relinquishing all the other properties of this solid surface.
- Seamless joints: KRION™ sheets and shapes can be bonded together using bonding kits of a similar composition to KRION™. This guarantees uniform physical and chemical properties throughout.
- Low thermal conductivity: Thermal conductivity is a physical property, determining a material’s capacity to transmit heat. The lower the thermal conductivity, the higher the material’s insulative capacity. Using KRION™ on walls or other surfaces contributes to the energy efficiency of rooms or façades.
- Bending strength: Bending strength is a combination of tensile and compressive strength. This type of load can deform materials by making them sag. Many solid materials cannot withstand high loads and they crack. In contrast, KRION™has a high bending strength. Thanks to its high bending strength, it is easier to transport and it can be used to create aesthetically pleasing overhanging sections and surfaces with higher safety guarantees than other materials.
- Non porous: KRION® is a non-porous material and so it prevents the build-up of bacteria. This makes it ideal for places with strict health and hygiene conditions, such as operating theatres or clean rooms.
- Resistant to impacts: KRION® has the highest capacity to absorb impacts of all solid surfaces. In impact tests using largediameter balls (324 g) dropped from a height of 1.9 metres, it withstood ten consecutive impacts without breaking, demonstrating its very high resistance.
- Resistant to sunlight: KRION® stands out for its remarkable stability when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) rays. The most stable colour is white; please consult the manufacturer for information on other colours.
- Sound insulation: Thanks to its intrinsic physical properties - a seamless, low-density material of varying thicknesses with no pores -, KRION® helps to insulate noise. This is due to its density, nil porosity, different thicknesses, and lack of seams. More specifically, if the noise level is reduced by 10 decibels, the human ear hears just half the resulting intensity. KRION® can reduce the noise level by up to 14 decibels.
- Food grade: KRION™ is a food-grade product and meets US and European standards, meaning it can be used in contact with foodstuffs.
- Compressive strength: A compression test is a test used to determine a material’s resistance or capacity to withstand a certain load without it breaking or becoming deformed. Thanks to its high compressive strength, KRION™ has a compressive performance on a par with stone. These values can be used by designers and/or architects to calculate the design parameters for structures.
- Anti-static: Static electricity is a build-up of electrical charges on the surface of a material, sometimes generated by friction with another material. Many materials are classified according to their electrical resistivity.
KRION® is rated as being anti-static and very close to insulative, according to the ESD (Electrostatic Discharge Association).
- Thermoformable: KRION® sheets can be thermoformed to create curves or shapes of varying soft radii by this technique.
- Backlighting: KRION® Lux can be used to create backlit spaces. By mixing different thicknesses of the material can be achieve spectacular light effects.