STARLIKE® EVO By Litokol
Starlike Evo is a two-component acid-resistant epoxy grout for the installation and grouting of ceramic, porcelain and mosaic tiles with joints between 1 and 15 mm width.
Component A consists of a mixture of epoxy resin, sintered micro sphere with fine granulometry and specific organic additives. Component B consists of an innovative organic catalyst with lower exposure risks for users. Once mixed together, the two components form a creamy mixture with excellent smoothness, which is also suitable for walls application without vertical slip with no dripping. Once hardened, the product is high-performing in term of mechanical and chemical resistance.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
Suitable for the acid-resistant installation and grouting of ceramic and porcelain tiles and mosaics with 1 to 15 mm wide joints, on indoor and outdoor floors and walls.
The wide range of colours and finishes allows for highly attractive matching with mosaics, ceramics, natural stone and the latest trend in glass slabs for residential and public/commercial settings.
Suitable for applications where the surfaces are exposed to aggressive chemical substances (see Chemical Resistance Table) such as dairies, abattoirs, pubs, food factories in general. Suitable for applications subject to heavy-duty operating conditions, such as swimming pools, hammams, jacuzzis, heavy-traffic floors, and tiles exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. Typical applications include:
• Grouting of ceramic tiles and mosaics on wooden kitchen tops;
• Bonding and grouting of ceramic tiles and mosaics in swimming pools, including surfaces waterproofed with Elastocem, Coverflex or Aquamaster.
Grouting of tiles on balconies and terraces.
Bonding and grouting on floors and walls of tiles and mosaic in public and private bathrooms and shower cubicles.
• Grouting of ceramic and porcelain tiles, mosaics and natural stones installed on metal surfaces for the construction of prefabricated bathrooms;
• Grouting of ceramic tiles, thin reinforced porcelain slabs, mosaics, natural stones or resin agglomerates installed on heated floors;
• Grouting of glass or ceramic mosaic joints installed on structures and shapes made of extruded polystyrene panels used in Turkish baths, hammams and wellness centres;
• Grouting of ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles and thin slabs, including large slabs with or without reinforced back, installed on external façades;