AÏKU | Chair with armrests
Sled base polypropylene chair with armrests
AÏKU comes from the Japanese word “haiku” and it means a short poem generally composed of three verses. Wonderful poems that in a few words express remarkable meanings; a simple poem, with no lexical frills and conjunctions, taking its strength from suggestions. Due to its incredible shortness, it requires a considerable synthesis of thought and image.
The meaning and the sound of this word reveal the project’s concept, to reconcile the paradoxes of uses and sensitiveness. AÏKU can be radical, but at the same time is a re ned architecture designed for domestic environments, as well as of ces and public spaces.
A collection of highly comfortable chairs featuring an essential image, designed for both home and contract spaces. Available in six versions of bases and a wide range of finishes.
Shell made from two-colour polypropylene through injection-moulding, mass pigmented with double nish; gloss outside, in black and white colours, inside with matt saf ano effect in different colours.
Gloss white external shell, inside:
- light grey
- sugar paper blue
- olive green
- dove grey
Gloss black external shell, inside: - dark grey
- military green
The bases are supplied in the same colour of the shell’s external nish, available in:
- 4-legged round-shaped base in steel tube, painted matt white or matt graphite grey;
- sled base in steel wire, painted matt white or matt graphite grey;
- sled base in steel wire with armrests, painted matt white or matt graphite grey;
- sled base in steel wire with armrests and table, painted matt white or matt graphite grey. HPL 10mm thick table arm available in matt white or matt black;
- 4-legged tapered base with injection- moulded tube in rectangular section,
painted matt white or matt graphite grey;
- 4-legged base in solid oak with a natural, bleached or brown finish
Versions with 4-legged round-shaped base, sled bases and 4-legged tapered base are stackable