Non-destructive hardness testing of metals
UCI Hardness Tester T-U2
UCI hardness tester T-U2 is designed for rapid non-destructive hardness testing of:
• Metals and alloys on standardized international scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV);
• Metals with distinctions in properties of steel (e. g. , non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron and others. ) and using five additional scales for calibration;
• Using a scale of tensile strength (Rm) to determine the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
Ultrasonic hardness tester T-U2 implements the ultrasonic contact impedance method (UCI).
UCI method for the hardness testing
The UCI hardness measuring method complies to ASTM A1038.
The ultrasonic contact impedance (UCI) probe is purposed to be used for hardness measuring in the case of the testing area minimal thickness (from 1 mm), objects of complex surface shape, and for measuring surface hardened layers hardness.
This method is very fast and easy: place the probe on the tested object surface, press the probe with the required effort to the surface and save the hardness value, shown on the display of the device. Small size diamond indenter allows measuring hardness value of all items, which are thicker than 1 mm. The UCI method of hardness testing is the least destructive because the hardness tester T-UD2 with UCI probe leaves much smaller prints (imprints) than the majority of bench hardness tester would. That’s why a portable hardness tester with UCI probe is the best choice.
The device has the main advantages of ultrasonic hardness tester and it is very usability and reliable.
• Possibility of measuring the hardness value of products with any weights and thickness from 1 mm (small items, thin-walled structures, pipes, tanks, steel sheets, the products of complex shape, hardness control of metal coatings, etc. );
• Small mark on the surface of the tested product (user can test mirror surfaces, necks shafts, knives, gear teeth, etc. );
• Hardness testing the hardening layer of the surface;
• Wide range of hardness measuring;
• Usability of measuring;
• Minimum number of controls;
• Big graphic display with brightness backlighting;
• Control the charge level of batteries;
• Extended temperature range (frost protected, operating temperature up to -20 °C);
• Device has internal memory and allows user to connect with PC;
• New, intuitive menu with tips on the buttons.