ALCOVE PLUME CONTRACT TWO-SEATER By Vitra
2 seater fabric sofa with removable cover
Alcove Plume Contract is a 2-seater fabric sofa with removable cover.
Alcove Plume Contract dispenses with visible legs and an external tubular steel frame, which emphasises its reductive design and almost makes it appear like a minimalist sculpture. With their cubic shapes, both sofas serve as architectural elements that can be used to structure interior spaces. In contrast to their emphatically linear contours, they offer the soft comfort of a lounge sofa and bring a sense of familiarity and cosiness to offices and public areas. Alcove Plume Contract Highback, in particular – due to its high back and side panels – creates an inviting place to withdraw, while two facing Alcove Plume Contract sofas form a comfortable meeting area.
- Structural frame: powder-coated steel, no external tubular frame.
- Back and side panels: integrated MDF panels for structural support; panel elements connected by zip fasteners.
- Seat cushion: multilayer PU foam upholstery with Bonnell spring core. The seat cushions can be individually detached and the fabric seat covers are removable.
- Seat height: 410 mm (310 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Back cushions: filled with PU foam and PE fleece.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. The idea of mobile micro-architectural elements has led to a wide variety of designs, among which the Alcove Sofa stands out as one of the most remarkable.
The various Alcove sofas were conceived for open-plan offices, where they provide sheltered, private spaces in busy or hectic surroundings. This makes them a perfect place to withdraw for concentrated work or small meetings.
The different models in the Alcove family can be variably combined, thus offering a diverse range of possibilities for organising open-plan offices without having to install fixed structures. This enables the creation of cohesive central areas in open office environments – Meet & Retreat zones with a unifi ed aesthetic.