ALCOVE LOVE SEAT By Vitra
High-back fabric restaurant booth
Alcove Love Seat is a fabric sofa with a high back.
Designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, the Alcove Sofa was inspired by the idea of creating a sheltered niche of privacy. Depending on the size of the model, two or three people can enjoy the comfort of its soft side and back panels. The Alcove Sofa has all the qualities of a quiet and comfortable haven, but with an open, inviting appeal.
- Upholstery: Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions, soft 'lounge upholstery' for relaxed sitting and firmer 'work upholstery' for work-oriented sitting with various seat heights. Lounge upholstery = 485 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 325 mm), work upholstery = 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth); metal frame with upholstery webbing (lounge upholstery) or MDF base board (work upholstery).
- Body: back and side panels with integrated MDF boards for structural support, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Upholstery/seat: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions: soft 'Lounge' upholstery for relaxed sitting and firmer 'Work' upholstery for work-oriented sitting.
- Seat heights: Lounge upholstery 485 mm (325 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1); Work upholstery 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1)
- Covers: removable.
- Back cushions and cushion set: polyurethane chips and microfibre filling. The cushion set is sold separately.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Alcove Love Seat: incl. 1 back cushion.
- Cushion set for Love Seat: 2 armrest cushions and 1 small back cushion.
- Alcove two- and three-seater: incl. 2 back cushions.
- Cushion set for two- and three-seaters: 2 armrest cushions and 2 small back cushions.
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. The idea of mobile micro-architectural elements has led to a wide variety of designs, among which the Alcove Sofa stands out as one of the most remarkable.
The various Alcove sofas were conceived for open-plan offices, where they provide sheltered, private spaces in busy or hectic surroundings. This makes them a perfect place to withdraw for concentrated work or small meetings.
The different models in the Alcove family can be variably combined, thus offering a diverse range of possibilities for organising open-plan offices without having to install fixed structures. This enables the creation of cohesive central areas in open office environments – Meet & Retreat zones with a unifi ed aesthetic.