Mario Asnago – Architect (Barlassina (MI) 1896 – Monza 1980); He always worked in collaboration with Claudio Vender – Architect (Milan 1904 – Saronno 1986). They both graduated from the Royal Institute of Fine Arts in Bologna in 1922. The first works carried out together are projects for Design Contests including the Como War Memorial. In 1928, after obtaining the license to practice as architects, they decided to open the “Studio Asnago-Vender Architetti”. They were mostly involved in urban planning architecture (schools – churches ...). Their achievements are part of the Rationalist Movement of the ‘30s with features retained in the post-war period (Milan: residential homes in Euripide street, 1933, 1937; office and dwelling buildings in Via Albricci, 1939 – 44, 1953 – 56; various stores, etc.). Tables and chairs with the characteristic “X” stand up among the objects designed for interior furnishings. The slim structure represents the architectural philosophy of the two designers: surfaces are wide but spaced from empty spaces that indicate the discreet presence of the material, which does not take away lightness but only part of the rigid uniformity that characterizes their interiors. After Asnago’s retirement in 1971, Vender continued the business with his son Mario and Mario Moganti.
... Plus... less