Snap is the new Elica product launching the company in the world of IOT and extending its presence to all areas of the house.
Snap is the first Air Quality Balancer that, thanks to three sensors and a sophisticated algorithm, monitors and automatically improves air quality, reducing in just 30 minutes1 the presence of polluting agents, odours and excess vapour indoors.
The project involves the partnership of two giants with renowned expertise in the field of IOT: Vodafone, which as well as having contributed to the implementation of the App, provides the data SIM that enables alternative Wi-Fi connection for the device, and IBM, owner of the cloud where all the data collected is stored.
Snap, thanks to three sensors that constantly measure air quality, temperature and humidity, automatically activates air recirculation avoiding the need to open home windows and consequently reducing the risk of any related heat loss.
From the first time it is activated, Snap gets to know the domestic setting through the continuous readings carried out by its sensors. It is thus able to define and calibrate its actions around an “ideal situation” specific for each room and time of day.
The versatility of the latest Elica arrival is embodied in 5 operating modes that may be activated using an App (downloadable from the Apple and Google stores) for distance control or with a remote control, which make it possible to set Snap to suit your specific needs.
- Automatic: this frees the rooms from odours, polluting substances and excess humidity. It automatically monitors the temperature and adjusts the output airflow in order to avoid unnecessary changes in temperature and consequent waste.
- Manual: this gives users the option of ventilating their environment according to their own needs and circumstances.
- Detox: this focuses on air quality, freeing the space of odours and polluting substances.
- Dry: this results in proper air recirculation, reducing the likelihood of mildew forming and preventing that unpleasant musty smell.
- Link: this communicates with the Elica Sense hoods and is activated based on the information and activity of the latter, in order to enhance the effectiveness of kitchen ventilation.